Back in 1930, when Kent Narrows was nothing more than a marsh full of muskrats, Captain Alex Thomas and his wife Mae opened the original Fisherman's Inn with a seating for 30 along with a grocery store. They lived upstairs with their two children, often renting their own bedrooms to anglers while they slept on the front porch swing.
In 1939, a second floor was added with more guest rooms. When the Chesapeake Bay Bridge was opened in 1952, the addition of a screened porch created seats for even more hungry guests.
The couple's daughter Betty and son-in-law Oscar "Sonny" Schulz, built and opened the new larger restaurant in 1971. Three years later, the purchase of the adjoining the property paved the way for the establishment of Fisherman's Seafood Market.
A fire completely destroyed the restaurant on December 23, 1980, but the Schulz family rebuilt and reopened in July of 1981. In the summer of 1991, Fisherman's Crab Deck became the latest addition to Fisherman's Village. Now an Eastern Shore landmark, Andy, Jody and Tracy, sons of Oscar and Betty, continue the family tradition of offering delicious food with friendly service that began 70 years ago.
Betty Thomas Schulz
July 23, 1924 - December 8, 2011
It is with deep regret and sadness that we must inform everyone that our dearly loved mother, friend and employer, Betty Thomas Schulz, known to all as "Miss Betty" passed away Thursday, December 8th in her home.
She was 87 years old and will be sorely missed.
Fisherman's Inn - (410)827-8807
Fisherman's Crab Deck - (410)827-6666
Fisherman's Seafood Market - (410)827-7323
3116 Main Street
Grasonville, MD 21638
Home |Boat Charters| Gift Certificates | Fisherman's Inn | Inn Menu | Crab Deck |Deck Menu | Seafood Market | Group Events |Weddings | History | Directions | Chef's Recipe | Accommodations | Cool Links | Contact Us | Pictures | Things to See & Do | Free Brochure